Being Present on the Marketplaces:
The idea of an online marketplace is basically a type of e-commerce platform that allows third parties to sell products and services over the internet. Their are various marketplaces where you can sell your products. Flipkart, Amazon, eBay, Myntra, etc. are some of the most popular marketplaces in retail eCommerce. however choosing the right marketplace depends upon your product as it is generally observed that listed products, fees, and target audiences may vary by marketplace. The process to register on such marketplace is pretty simple, which follows as:
- Your business registration
- Creating a seller account
- Listing products
- Managing inventory
- Filling orders
- Receiving payments
Building your own ecommerce website:
We always advise you to test and analyze your business by going through the experience of marketplace. Once its done, the most important thing to do is establishing your brand presence on the internet. The trend of selling on your own website or webstore has emerged. In eCommerce, a business’s online presence determines whether it succeeds or fails.
It’s imperative that retail Ecommerce businesses build their online presence, as it’s not just beneficial for growth, but essential as well. By building your brand online, you gain credibility that allows you to attract more customers. A robust web presence not only makes your business more accessible, but it also gives your customers a way to interact with you which eventually helps your brand earn a trust and reputation among the buyers. Here are some of the steps to follow while establishing your web presence:
- Buy A Domain Name – Start looking for a domain name even if you are not planning to launch your website immediately. It is always advisable to atleast buy a domain name for future. You can search and buy a domain on platforms like GoDaddy. Always ensure that you buy a domain through your own email id to escape any future complications.
- Buy Hosting – The benefits of hosting applications come in the form of better performance, greater security, and the ability to host a variety of different types of applications. At the initial phase, you should go through all the plans available in the market. As a retailer it is advisable to start with a basic plan to get a better understanding of how it works.
- Design Website – Your web design should sync well with your brand identity. A website is the first thing your audience sees about your business when they visit it.The way your audience perceives your brand is influenced by web design.
- Setup Payment Method – There are various payment gateways available free of cost. Make your company appear more attractive to customers by choosing a payment method that eliminates any hassle for them.
The last but not the least thing to keep in mind is always give your first preference to “.com” followed by “.in” or depending on the country where you plan to do business.
Your Retail Coach is an progressive retail & Ecommerce consultancy firm with more than a decade long experience of providing exclusive and premium consultant services to hundreds of brands across the globe. For more information on retail and eCommerce, visit the mentioned link description below:
Retail & E-commerce Vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/YOURRETAILCOACH
Retail & E-commerce Blogs: https://www.yourretailcoach.in/blog/
Link to the video description of the above content: